Centre update – March
With the recent government announcing their roadmap out of lockdown we look forward to reopening our centre on Monday 12th April.
There are a number of activities that will be available including booking a gym session or lane swim. In addition our children’s swimming lessons will recommence from Monday 12th April.
We are working to the government’s roadmap plans, so dates and activities may change over time.
In place of our fitness class timetable we will be offering a wide range of OnDemand classes via the InspireAll App along with live stream classes from our instructors.
Other activities will only be available for adults from the same household or support bubble, these include:
- Indoor Racquet Sports
We continue to review the government guidance and will provide further updates as we need to.
Monday to Friday 06:00 to 22:00
Saturday 07:00 to 19.00
Sunday 07:00 to 21:00
Please help us keep you and others safe.
As more customers return to the leisure centres we are encouraging people to wear a face covering in communal areas unless they are exempt or under 11 years. In certain parts of the leisure centres face coverings are mandatory by law, such as in our close contact services, like the beauty spa. In other areas we request your cooperation to make others feel safe, but this is not required by law. You do not need to wear a face covering whilst engaging in sport and physical activity. As a facility for the all the community we would like to encourage everyone back into the centre and you can help with this and other measures like social distancing. Please be aware that some people may have exemptions and not to wear a face covering. We will do our best to approach this matter with care and consideration.
Please be aware that you may have to queue outside to enter the centre or queue for your activity and we would ask you to adhere to our one way systems and directional facilities as far as possible. We would ask that if possible you come dressed for your activity and only bring essential items with you. Please bring your own drink with you.
We have also limited spaces available in activities to ensure we adhere to government guidelines, therefore we would encourage you to book your activity where possible.
Some facilities and activities will be closed or temporarily unavailable now.
If you are feeling at all unwell, or showing any symptoms of Covid-19 please do not come to the centre. Please review our Health Commitment Statement before your first visit.
We have implemented a number of measures to ensure our customers and staff are safe. Throughout your visit please wash your hands frequently to keep us all safe.
Information on centre activities available from Monday 12th April:
Bookings for the gym and swimming will be available online for members 7 days in advance. Entry card holders can book 48hours in advance. Please note that our booking terms and conditions have been updated. Latest information can be found here.
The gym will be open for customers, however, you must book in for a workout. This can be done online (select fitness adult session), via telephone or in-person at reception.
- Gym sessions will be limited to 60-minutes, if booking online please note that you can book in 15 minute intervals, you only need to book ONE session.
- Please come dressed for the gym as changing rooms and showers will not be available for the gym.
- Only bring essential items with you, no bags or towels will be permitted in the gym.
- A limited number of lockers will be available in the gym changing rooms to store outdoor wear. Only one person at a time will be able to access the changing rooms to deposit or collect belongings from the changing rooms.
- The layout of the gym may have changed and some equipment will have been moved or temporarily unavailable.
- Please make sure you wipe down the equipment with the paper towels and sanitiser provided, before and after use and be considerate to other gym users.
- Unfortunately, no water fountains will be available, please bring with you a bottle ready filled. Water is available to purchase from the vending machines.
We will be offering only lane swimming in our pools for public sessions. We would encourage you to try and swim throughout the day to avoid busy times.
A guide on how the zone system will work in the pool and changing facilities can be found here
- Lane swim sessions must be pre-booked, online, via telephone or in person at reception.
- Swimming sessions will be limited to 60-minutes. If you are booking online please note that you can select a time in 30 minute intervals, you only need to book ONE session.
- Please arrive at the centre ‘swim ready’ with costume under clothing.
- Shower at home, pre and post swimming. Pre swim showers will be available to wash swimming costumers and remove body oils to help maintain water quality.
- Avoid bringing large bags & equipment to reduce the use of lockers
- Limited showers, changing rooms and lockers will be available.
- Please observe the zone system within the changing facilities. Further information can be found here
- Double lanes will be provided with a maximum limit of 10 swimmers per 25m lane.
- Please maintain social distance between yourself and other swimmers in and around the pool and changing rooms.
- Where possible avoid using the steps to enter and exist the pool avoiding other customers.
- Please do not congregate at the end of the pool, if you need a rest period please ensure you are away from other swimmers.
- Respect the lifeguard’s decisions.
Family swim sessions are for a maximum of one hour in a section of the boom pool. Sessions are limited to a maximum of 12 spaces which must be booked in advance. Children must be accompanied by an adult in the same household and parents/carers must enforce social distancing.
Sessions times are:
Tuesday & Thursday
12.30 – 13.30
13.30 – 14.30
13.30 – 14.30
14.30 – 15.30
15.30 – 16.30
Children’s swimming lessons will return from Monday 12th April 2021.
Things to remember when you attend your lesson.
- We would ask that one parent / carer per child attends with your child.
- There will be a slight reduction in the length of the lesson time to ensure we are able to safely changeover to the next lesson and sanitise equipment.
- Please make sure your child comes dressed ‘swim ready’ for their lesson with their costume under clothing ensure that you and your child remove outdoor footwear prior to entering the changing village.
- You will required to drop your child at the designated drop off located through the gate from the changing village to poolside point where your child’s swim teacher will collect them.
- You will then exit via the pool patio and you can observe your child swimming from the balcony. Pick up will be located at the same location as drop off.
- Please observe the one way systems in place throughout the changing village and ensure that you are respectful of others users by maintaining social distancing at all times, a maximum of 3 people down each aisle will be permitted at once and toilets will operate on a 1 in and 1 out policy.
- Teachers will be delivering lessons from poolside and will be adhering to the government guidance on social distancing.
- To enable us to ensure social distancing, please leave the centre as soon as you are able following the end of your lesson.
Our swimming timetable will reflect these changes, please keep checking our online timetable as we may make changes.
We will be running some outdoor classes from Monday 12th April. These will be subject to weather conditions which will be reviewed the night before the class is due to take place.
- Monday – Friday – Total Body Workout 9.15am – 10.00am
- Monday – Boxing – 7.00pm – 8.00pm
- Thursday – Total Body Workout – 7.00pm – 8.00pm
You will be able to book a court or pitch for your activity.
Walking Football sessions take place on Thursdays 2pm – 3.00pm.
You will be able to book for badminton in our sports hall. Please be advised that you can only play single games or with multiple players from the same household.
You will be able to book for squash, but please be advised that you can only use the court individually or play with multiple players from the same household.
Please be aware that COVID-19 restrictions may apply to your sport. Please follow the current advice from the National Governing Body (NGB) for your sport. NGB guidance is available at:
Badminton sessions take place on Wednesdays 12.30pm – 2.30pm
Walking Netball will start on Tuesday 1st September 10.00am – 11.00am
Spa treatments will return from Monday 12th April. The spa team are now accepting bookings for spa treatments. Please make sure you book in advance, no walk-in appointments are currently available. To book your appointment call 01707 850519 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Activities available from Monday 17th May
Inline with the government roadmap, fitness classes in the centre will not be available until at least 17th May.
We will be offering a range of on demand classes via the InspireAll App. Further information is available here
Please review the class timetable for the latest information