Furzefield Climb: General conditions of use
InspireAll Leisure and Family Support Services (T/A Furzefield Leisure Centre)
Furzefield Climb is suitable for participants aged between 4 years and 94 years weighing more than 10kgs (22lbs). The maximum weight of any participant must not exceed 150kgs (330lbs).
Furzefield Leisure Centre will provide all necessary safety equipment and a member of the Furzefield Climb team will give a safety briefing to participants prior to the start of each climbing session.
All participants must wear appropriate footwear; sliders, flip flops, Crocs and similar footwear are not suitable. Specialist climbing shoes are also not permitted. Shoes must support the whole foot and be fastened, such as laced trainers. No loose clothing, jewellery or scarves are permitted. Due to the nature of this activity, skirts and dresses are not suitable.
Please read the below statements very carefully and ensure that you understand them fully. If you have any questions about any of these statements, please ask a member of the Furzefield Climb team who will be able to assist. Participants will be required to sign a copy of these general conditions of use so that we can be sure that you have read and understood them. If a participant is under the age of 18 years, somebody over the age of 18 years (including a parent, guardian or carer) will be required to sign a copy of these
Please read the below statements carefully and ensure you understand them fully and are able to explain them fully to all participants you are responsible for prior to agreeing and signing the disclaimer.
- I am over the age of 18 years and participating in Furzefield Climb myself, and/or I am a parent or guardian of (or have been authorised by the parent or guardian to be responsible for) a participant over the age of 4 years and under the age of 18 years for whom I shall be responsible. In respect of any participant for whom I am responsible, I consent to their participation in the climbing session.
- I acknowledge that taking part in Furzefield Climb carries an element of risk, but that Furzefield Leisure Centre will take all reasonable steps to seek to ensure a safe and fun experience.
- I shall (and shall procure that any participant for whom I am responsible shall) abide by all additional rules verbally communicated by the Furzefield Climb team, listen to the safety briefing given by the Furzefield Climb team and cooperate with any instructions given by the Furzefield Climb team before, during and after the relevant climbing session.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, I assume responsibility for my acts and omissions as a participant and/or for those acts and omissions of the participants for whom I am responsible. I accept that there is a risk of injury, disability or death as a result of participating in a climbing session. To the fullest extent permitted by law, I also assume responsibility for any loss or damage to any possessions whilst taking part in the climbing session. However, I acknowledge that nothing in this paragraph or more generally in these general conditions of use shall limit or exclude Furzefield Leisure Centre’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the negligence of its employees, agents or contractors, or for any other matter which cannot, under English law, be limited or excluded.
- I confirm that I as a participant do not (and/or that any participant for whom I am responsible does not) have any of the following conditions; heart condition (unless you/they have medical consent to participate); severe back pain; severe anxiety; severe obesity; epilepsy.
- I confirm that I as a participant am (and/or that any participant for whom I am responsible is) in good general health, not pregnant, not under the influence of alcohol or drugs, with no medical injuries, illnesses or recovering from recent surgery that may be worsened by taking part in a climbing session.
- I agree to inform a member of the Furzefield Climb team should I as a participant feel (and/or should any participant for whom I am responsible feels) unwell whilst participating in a climbing session.
- I confirm that I am aware that I as a participant (and/or any participant for whom I am responsible) cannot use a mobile telephone or camera device whilst participating in a climbing session. I am also aware that only photographs of individuals for whom I am responsible during the climb session, of family members and of other individuals who have consented to their photograph being taken may be taken by me (and by any participant for whom I am responsible).
- I confirm that I as a participant (and/or any participant for whom I am responsible) will remove all jewellery prior to participating in a climbing session.
- I as a participant agree to wear (and/or shall procure that any participant for whom I am responsible wears) the safety equipment provided at all times whilst participating in a climbing session and ensure it is secured at all times whilst climbing.
- I as a participant agree to seek the assistance of a member of the Furzefield Climb team in the event that I am concerned about my own safety equipment or that of a participant for whom I am responsible.
- I confirm (i) that I have read and understood these general conditions of use, (ii) that I have (and that any participant for whom I am responsible has) attended the safety briefing given by the Furzefield Climb team and (iii) that I am fully aware of the risks involved in taking part in a climbing session.
Additional information to help make your climbing experience relaxed and enjoyable
Your climbing session will last 1 hour but we request you turn up at least 15 minutes prior to the session time to complete your safety briefing, get kitted up and prepare for the start of your climbing session.
No participants are able to clip and unclip themselves, trained instructors are on hand to assist with this. Participants are required to wait at the bottom of the wall and raise their hand to get the attention of the instructor who will clip and unclip them. Any adults who are responsible for a participant but who are not climbing themselves will be required to watch from outside the climb area.
Refreshments and spectator seating are available from the café located in the soft play area.
Furzefield Climb offer birthday parties, schools and group bookings, speak to a member of the Furzefield Leisure centre reception team for more details, or call us on 01707 850500.